The aim of the network design
is to plan the implementation of a computer network infrastructure, making it manageable and supportable; to launch a network that can adjust and scale to the requirements of new services.
A work on any system starts with scope determination
. It is a vital stage in the further successful functioning of a network. By preparing a blueprint for a design we separate problematic areas and describe the scope of the project.
approach to web design is to:
- always meet customers requirements
- assess available resources
- identify the issues that influence both the whole network and certain parts of it
or big) includes:
- making a logical scheme of the network
- constructing a cabling
- defining types, quantity and location of network devices
- working on IP address organization
- developing network security system
you may be sure that our fundamental tasks are to make a network:
- scalable: the ability to add new user groups and remote sites as well as to support a new app still keeping the same level of service to existing users;
- available 24/7: any problems that occur to a single link or some equipment should not influence significantly the whole working process;
- safe: security as a part of a network design should be developed from the beginning, not after the network is launched (the placing of filters, firewalls, and other security devices);
- manageable: it is important to observe the network functioning; even the most perfect network design needs professional computer support in the process.